Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jordan + Derrick = Beautiful Music



Jordan + Derrick

Flowers: Brooklet Flower Shoppe
Hair: 67 Styles
Makeup: Merle Norman
Tuxes: RJ Pope
Bride and Bridesmaids: Frills by Scott

Where to begin? 

I have known this beautiful bride since she was still in her mama's tummy!! I'm sure we would feel her kicking, and I'm sure her mama didn't much appreciate the invasion of her personal space - but alas we did it anyway. 

We all sat together at the hospital the night she made her entrance into the world, and the tears flowed. Everyone knew Jordan was a gift from God then and she has continued to honor Him throughout her life.

(Pause for my eyes to clear)

To say we were excited to photograph her wedding wouldn't do that emotion justice. 

Jordan and Derrick are both amazing musicians and it seems almost too perfect for them to have this love story, but as you will see from these images - they do. We are so glad to have the chance to share them with you. 





One of my favorite parts of the wedding day is the first look between the bride and groom. As you can see, I think it might have been Jordan and Derrick's favorite moment as well. 




Jordan was such a beautiful bride. Absolutely stunning!




Now that is one handsome groom!




My favorite detail of the wedding reception was the cake topper and napkins that were from Jordan's grandparents' wedding. Mr. Billy and Mrs. Jeannette Turner were like second parents to me growing up, and were such Godly examples. I can think of no better way to start your wedding than using these keepsakes as a reminder of what a Godly marriage should be. 



The cakes were as delicious as they were beautiful! The groom's cake was especially perfect for Derrick as he is known for his serious drumming skills. 




In no way do I want to take the spotlight off of this beautiful wedding, but if I could indulge my memories for just a moment, I'd like to share something. 34 years ago at my own wedding the ladies of Emit Grove Church prepared all of the wedding food. Weddings were much different back then, and much has changed not only in the wedding industry, but also at Emit Grove Church. When Connie first told me that they wanted to do the food, and that some of the same people involved in my wedding were going to help prepare, I thought they'd never pull it off. She wanted to use Mrs. Jeannette's Macaroni and Cheese recipe, Aunt Doris' lady fingers, and Mrs. Marguerite's chicken salad. It's amazing just how perfect it all turned out, and I'm sure all those who have gone on ahead of us to Heaven were very pleased at the many people who stepped forward to make this day so special for Jordan and Derrick. The building at Emit Grove looks very different now and while many of the people who were there when Greg and I got married are no longer with us, daughters, sons, and friends of those still know how to lay a spread on a table. The spirit of our little core group from back then was well-represented.

And as you can see, everyone loved the food! 




I can wait to watch as God's plan for this couple unfolds! We are all expecting great things!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm in tears! Anita

    ReplyDelete